What better way to start the New Year than by being nominated for an award?!? I was nominated for ‘The Blogger Recognition Award’ by Rosie, Kat and Autumn. Thanks guys for the nominations! You should definitely check out their blogs because they are all amazing people.
The rules for the Blogger Recognition Award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
So here is how my blog started.
I was on Instagram one Saturday night and I came across Rosie’s blog and I saw she used WordPress and I thought that I would create an account in-case I was ever going to take blogging seriously. I had just finished reading Zoë Sugg’s (a.k.a Zoella) third book Girl Online: Going Solo and I thought that I would give blogging a try. So the next Saturday I turned on my laptop and logged into my WordPress account and I started fiddling around with the themes until I found the one that was perfect for me which was the Sela theme. I started chatting with Rosie the day before my blog went live and I am so greatful that she decided to DM me and help me out. It took me a while to come up with the name ‘Rosamae’ but Cat said it sounded the best out of the other ones I had. So yeah, that’s how my blog started. A huge thank you to Rosie, Kat, Alanna, Kate and all the other bloggers who have helped me on this crazy rollercoaster.
Two pieces of advice I would give to new bloggers are,
1. To be original and not to copy other bloggers because you like their content/blog.
2. Only write about what you want to. If you’re into games, (like me) blog about your favourite video game or if you’re into beauty, blog about your favourite makeup brand. Only do what makes you happy.
And the people I nominate are:
I’m sorry to those who I couldn’t include. Thanks Rosie, Kat and Autumn for nominating me for this award!